Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Reading log

So lately i have been reading a lot. I completed Dear John, by Nicholas Sparks, and it was the best book I have ever read. I cried my eyes out for like an hour! It was actually pretty embarrassing because i was in the car with my family sobbing. But anyway it was amazing. It was a love story about this guy who lived at the beach and met a girl named Savannah. She was a very "good" girl and he was kind of an immature jerk, especially torwards his father who had Asburgers. Anyway they fell in love and ended up not being together because he joined the Army and she fell in love with another man. The whole story was really depressing but i still loved it. I think it was so great because i felt like i was in the story watching the two fall in love. I just felt like i was in the relationship. It was a really good book and I would reccomend it to anyone and everyone to read.
I just finshed reading Go Ask Alice for the millionth time. That book is so good because i feel like everyone can relate to her story in some way. Alice starts her journal when she is about fourteen and finishes it when she is sixteen. Her life is very complicated and she deals with a lot of issues with family, school, drugs, sex and friends. All of these things are on teenagers shoulders which makes this book more powerful. Each time I read the book my opinions change. The first time I read the book I think i was in seventh grade and i felt that the girl was just a loser who needed to learn to deal with life. But this last time i read it i could totally understand where she was coming from. Some times all of the pressure just builds up and you end up making bad decisions. I think that this book is meant for a 14-16 year old audience but to understand it you need to be a little more mature and understanding about the real pressure of life and what high school is really about.
I just started reading a book called The Notebook Girls, I know it sounds lame but its a really good book. Its a collection of real letters that girls in New York City wrote to eachother. I just started reading it today but i'm really enjoying it. The girls are very sarcastic with eachother and kind of mean at some times. For instance at one point one of the girls was upset because she didn't make the hip hop team and one of her friends responded with " Julia, it's okay if you suck at everything or you're just okay. Not everyone can be a winner." Haha, i thought it was funny because it really is true, just kind of harsh.

No comments: